Probably, part of Jude Okoye and Peter Okoye’s problem is because Lola is older than him. Read this…
Each time I read the nasty comments about Lola Omotayo Okoye my heart gets heavy. I do not know her in person- just like most of you. She has been called “old”, “shameless” even a “gold digger”! Some “kind” people even empathize with her and “understand” that Peter married her because of her kids.
Let’s get a few things straight:
- Nobody has the right to choose another person’s spouse
- I was in school with Psquare, Peter had a girlfriend-Ada-whom he was crazy about. Ada is a splitting image of Lola…does that imply anything?
- Age is not the determinant of a good marriage; either party could be older…
- Prince Charles married “much younger” Diana, how did that go? How old is his present wife-whom he loved all along?
- Prince Williams forsook all the “younger girls” in England and married an older bride
- Sullivan Chime married a “much younger” Clara; again, how did that go
- For those who went as far as calling Lola a runs girl, who sleeps with her “uncles”, do you know this lady? Do you know this for a fact or is it just hear say? Why defame an innocent lady who is minding her own business? Do you think Peter is a fool?
- For those who justify these rumours with the story of her living in a “mansion” in Ikoyi – shebi you people say she is old? Do you know she has a career, did you expect that at her “old age” she wouldn’t have risen through the ranks?
- For those of you who see only young brides as a wise choice, it is because you haven’t gotten married yet. There are some childish attributes the young wife will have that will make you almost regret the marriage – that is if you don’t do that eventually
- Peter knew very well what he was doing. He wants peace, companionship and joy. A mature and experienced mother for his kids. He saw all the “young girls” world over before he made his beautiful choice.